TUMO Center for Creative Technologies is looking for a programming specialist to join the TUMO Kyiv team and lead programming workshops for teens. At TUMO you will get a chance to inspire teens with your professional experience and open their eyes to the field of programming through hands-on projects and group workshops.
What is TUMO?TUMO is an after-school program designed to put teens in charge of their own learning. TUMO was founded in Yerevan Armenia in 2011 and has since expanded, opening centers in Paris, Beirut, Berlin, Tirana and now Kyiv. Under the TUMO educational program, students learn skills at the intersection of design and technology. TUMO Kyiv students will select from skills including: animation, 3D modeling, programming, robotics, filmmaking, graphic design, music and game development. While at the center, students develop their skills through self-learning content and then graduate into workshops led by experienced professionals.
- Design and lead programming workshops for TUMO’s students
- Collaborate closely with TUMO headquarters’ content developers and work on the constant betterment of the TUMO educational program
- Examine the self-learning activities weekly, and give feedback and comments to help each student reach his/her best potential
- Promote learning in a collaborative and energetic way
- Work in Kyiv after a training in Yerevan
- 1+ years experience building backend systems — knowledge of Node.js
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming (OOP)
- Understanding of web markup, including HTML5 and CSS3
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git
- Ability to articulate and discuss technical decisions
- Interest in the latest developments, cutting-edge technologies and desire to collaborate with colleagues
- Language: Ukrainian (fluent), English (intermediate and higher)
Interested candidates should submit a resume and portfolio via our site. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.